Most Significant Digit

Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Well, I've been silly and stayed up waaaaay too late looking at websites and reading stuff for NaNoWriMo, which I'll be participating in.

Sometime soon I'm going to use a third-party service to add a commenting feature to this blog, but for now, you can e-mail me with comments.

Game thoughts... I've mostly been thinking about the plot of my novel for NaNoWriMo, and the characters involved. It reminds me of a popular complaint about FF7 and FF8 - the characters are pretty much interchangeable. Materia does mean versatility, but there wasn't terribly much difference between, say, Yuffie and Cloud once they had materia on them. So... Make characters that are different from each other in abilities! And try to make those abilities make sense for the characters and be important in some way. Otherwise we might as well be back to the days of the old old CRPGs where you hired all your party members.

Okay, so this is a pathetic gaming thought for the day, but I've been up way too late procrastinating on my Programming Languages assignment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home